L/L Writing Short Story

First Draft

The Girl in the donkey-hide

 My name is Elizabeth Patch and I´m a war-orphan. The war-orphans are the kids who had lost their parents during the First and Second World War. The Third World War was approaching and many kids were entering the orphanage.
"The British Communism Council" was an enormous house full of rooms with approximate ten beds in each one. It was full of Windows that were dirty, but always open. Surprisingly no light entered throughout them, even in July when the sun shined and illuminate every single part. Maybe that was why so many boys and girls cried. Maybe that´s why so many didn´t eat. Or maybe that was the reason why so many died. But in fact, we didn´t have so many reasons to smile. My room neighbor had cholera, she was about to die. My best friend lost his brother last week. And I...I was alone...up to that day.
  The 1st of January, in the middle of one of the coldest winters, a family conformed by a respectable gentleman, a wealthy women and a spoiled girl arrived at the orphanage. They were asking if they could adopt a girl from 10 to 12 years old. I was the one chosen. They took me to their huge house in the centre of Cheshire Newcastle.
The new house was enormous. Full of lights and love. A big bedroom for my new parents, and a smaller one for me and my stepsister. Arnold, Jeremy and Kate gave me love for two long years. They made me smile for the first time in so many time. But the day arrive. A deadliest bomb send from China destroyed all the money and properties the Twilcots had in their bank. Now they were por. And they couldn´t maintain two daughters. One should go, and, again, the one chosen was me. They left me in the middle of the forest with only a donkey as company. I called him Toolittle, and he accompanied me for three scaring weeks. After those days, I was about to die from starvation and cold. My nose was sniffing, my eyes were closing, and my heart was beating slower every day. But a miracle happened. Toolittle died. I ate his meat and protect myself from the cold with his leather.
But this help didn´t last too much. And I started starving again. One day, when I was sitting still and quiet, I started feeling and endless pain in my chest. I scream and shout. Then I close my eyes and felts asleep in a nap, I thought, that will never finish.

  But, as if an angel had touched my face, I woke up. I was in the well-known "German Hospital". A family had heard my screams and found me. They were now curing me and they have adopted me. Everyone in the town was telling the legend of the girl in donkey-hide.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

IGCSE Practice: Formal Letter

Pronóstico del Tiempo

Ni Muerto has perdido tu Nombre